Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox depends upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit can be influenced by the class of duty of the crane which should be determined and specific. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal gear products type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical equipment models type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating desk, observe in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm check the gear box rating horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected such that the ranked HP is equal or even more than the consumed HP.
1. Decide on a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in course II duty the rated HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP can be 9, the unit HB-350 will be suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric electric motor for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for insight rpm of 960 in class IV duty the rated HP is 3
If you have any inquiries concerning crane duty helical gearbox, maintain reading our specialists’ short articles.