Standing on transmission industry, relying on science and technology progress, core competitiveness is enhanced and leading position in the industry area is established. Since 1980s, based on independent development, the Company has imported advanced foreign technology and realized secondary innovation. The products area has been expanded into 10 families covering over 1000 types, from single marine gearbox to 10 types, thousands of products, including motive marine propulsion system, construction machinery transmissions, wind turbine transmissions, auto transmissions,agricultural transmissions, rail transittransmissions,industrial transmissions, special products,powder metallurgical (P/M) products, and large-sized high-precision gears.
The Company imported first class equipments, established complete quality management system and sales service network to provide clients with high-quality products and satisfactory service. “Advance” products are sold in 31 provinces and municipalities in China and 47 countries and regions in the world.
The company’s marine products include marine gearbox, hydraulic clutch, hydraulic transmission and CPP, FPP, tunnel thruster and azimuthing thruster, which are widely used in fishing, transport, working, special boats, CHINAMFG large-power vessels and etc. The products are approved by CCS, BV, GL, LR, ABS, NK, DNV, RS and KR Classification Societies. The development and manufacturing capability of the company is in the leading position in the country. It drafted 5 national and industrial standards e.g. JB/T9746.1-2011 Technical Condition of Marine Gearbox, GB/T 3003-2011 Medium-speed Marine Diesel Engine Gearbox. Products are complete in model spectrum, power transmission capacity ranging 10kW~10000kW, in which, GW-series large-power marine gearbox and down-angle transmission yacht gearbox are in international leading level.
|Marine Product Series
|HC-series Marine Gearbox
HC-series marine gearbox self-developed by the company is of power ranging 10kW~3000kW, ratio ranging 1.5~20:1, complete in specifications, high market share, widely used in heavy loaded ships such as transport, fishing and engineering boats. Product design and manufacturing capability are in leading nationally and advanced internationally level.
|GW-series Marine Gearbox
GW-series marine gearbox is developed with the introduced technology from LOHMANN Company (German), including GWC, GWD, GWS, GWH, GWL and GWK 6 series, in which GWC as the basic type. These series are complete in specifications, high market share, and widely used in large ships such as transport, engineering, and fishing boats
| GC-series Marine Gearbox
By input and output arrangements, GC-series marine gearbox can be divided into 4 series, that is, GCS/GCST/GCSE series, GCH/GCHT/GCHE series, GCD series and GCC series, which matching engine and CPP to form main propulsion system of ship, widely used in cargo, oil and container vessels. Control pneumatically or electrically. Main features: 1. Possess functions of clutch & de-clutching, speed reduction and bearing propeller thrust; 2. Modular design, with PTO and PTI functions; 3. Alternative structure to meet engine room arrangement requirement; 4. Mature and reliable hydraulic control series to satisfy control request on gearbox conditions and multiple clutches; 5. Apply mechanical and automatic control, realizing local emergent control and remote control of the gearbox; 6. Non-standard design is available on request; 7. CPP distributor could be installed at front end of gearbox output on demand.
|2GWH-series (Twin-engine Parallel Operation) Marine Gearbox
2GWH-series (twin-engine parallel operation) marine gearbox is of double power input and single power output, and can form main propulsion system together with engine and CPP. Twin-engine parallel operation is more and more used for higher energy saving and safety. Main Features: 1. Possess functions of clutch & de-clutching, speed reduction and bearing propeller thrust; 2. Realize power double input and single output, and intelligent control; 3. Modular design, with PTO and PTI functions; 4. Alternative structure to meet engine room arrangement requirement; 5. Mature and reliable hydraulic control series to satisfy control request on gearbox conditions and multiple clutches; 6. Apply mechanical and automatic control, realizing local emergent control and remote control of the gearbox; 7. Non-standard design is available on request;
| Light Hi-speed Marine Gearbox
HCQ/HCA/HCM/HCV series light high-speed marine gearboxes self-developed by the company are designed of power ranging 20kW~2300kW, ratio ranging 1.5~3.5:1 and complete in specifications. Product with ‘Q’ in code is with cast iron housing, with ‘M’ aluminum housing and with ‘A’ and ‘V’ with down angle transmission structure. These products enjoy high market share, are widely used on various yacht, traffic boat, passenger boat. Product design and manufacturing capability are in national leading and international advanced level. Main features: 1. Possess functions of clutch & de-clutching, speed reduction and bearing propeller thrust; 2. Compact in structure, small in volume and light in weight; 3. High rated input speed and high manufacturing precision; 4. Good complete-machine performance, low noise and small vibration; 5. Match high-speed diesel engine, mainly used on medium-to-small high-speed boats; 6. Apply mechanical and automatic control, realizing local emergent control and remote control of the gearbox.
| Marine Auxiliary Gearbox
Marine auxiliary gearbox is those not for main propulsion use, which are used to drive hydraulic pump, generator, slurry pump etc.. On request, the product can be designed with functions of clutching & de-clutching, speed increasing or reduction, braking and multiple PTO output, widely used for various auxiliary power transmission on ship.
| HCL-series Hydraulic Clutch
HCL-series hydraulic clutches apply structure of wet, multiple P/M friction discs, suitable for clutch condition of high speed, load and frequency. On request, mechanical or electrical control is optional. The control system works sensitively, easily realizing remote or automatic control. The product has high universalization, serialization and modularization level. The basic elements such as input coupling, clutch discs, cooler and filter are all mature parts from batch production. Spare parts are of high interchangeability and easy to purchase.
Light & High-speed Marine Gearboxes
HCQ/HCA/HCM/HCV series light high-speed marine gearboxes are designed of power
ranging 20kW~2300kW, ratio ranging 1.5~3.5:1.
HCQ is with Cast iron housing , HCM with aluminum housing and HCA & HCV with
down angle structure. These products enjoy high market share, are widely used on various
yacht, traffic boat, passenger boat. Product design and manufacturing capability are in
national leading and international advanced level.
1. Possess functions of clutch & de-clutching, speed reduction and bearing propeller thrust;
2. Compact in structure, small in volume and light in weight;
3. High rated input speed and high manufacturing precision;
4. Good complete-machine performance, low noise and small vibration;
5. Match high-speed diesel engine, mainly used on medium-to-small high-speed boats;
6. Apply mechanical and automatic control , realizing local emergent control and remote
control of the gearbox.
|Down Angle Structure
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Worm Gear Box
Common Problems and Troubleshooting for Worm Gearboxes
Worm gearboxes, like any mechanical component, can experience various issues over time. Here are some common problems that may arise and possible troubleshooting steps:
- Overheating: Overheating can occur due to factors such as inadequate lubrication, excessive loads, or high operating temperatures. Check lubrication levels, ensure proper ventilation, and reduce loads if necessary.
- Noise and Vibration: Excessive noise and vibration may result from misalignment, worn gears, or improper meshing. Check for misalignment, inspect gear teeth for wear, and ensure proper gear meshing.
- Leakage: Oil leakage can be caused by damaged seals or gaskets. Inspect seals and gaskets, and replace them if necessary.
- Reduced Efficiency: Efficiency loss can occur due to friction, wear, or misalignment. Regularly monitor gearbox performance, ensure proper lubrication, and address any wear or misalignment issues.
- Backlash: Excessive backlash can affect precision and accuracy. Adjust gear meshing and reduce backlash to improve performance.
- Seizure or Binding: Seizure or binding can result from inadequate lubrication, debris, or misalignment. Clean the gearbox, ensure proper lubrication, and address misalignment issues.
- Worn Gears: Worn gear teeth can lead to poor performance. Regularly inspect gears for signs of wear, and replace worn gears as needed.
- Seal Wear: Seals can wear over time, leading to leakage and contamination. Inspect seals regularly and replace them if necessary.
If you encounter any of these problems, it’s important to address them promptly to prevent further damage and maintain the performance of your worm gearbox. Regular maintenance, proper lubrication, and addressing issues early can help extend the lifespan and reliability of the gearbox.
Diagnosing and Fixing Oil Leakage in a Worm Gearbox
Oil leakage in a worm gearbox can lead to reduced lubrication, increased friction, and potential damage to the gearbox components. Here’s a step-by-step process to diagnose and fix oil leakage:
- Inspect the Gearbox: Perform a visual inspection of the gearbox to identify the source of the leakage. Check for oil stains, wet spots, or oil pooling around the gearbox.
- Check Seals and Gaskets: Inspect the seals, gaskets, and O-rings for any signs of wear, cracks, or damage. These components are common points of leakage.
- Tighten Bolts and Fasteners: Ensure that all bolts, screws, and fasteners are properly tightened. Loose fasteners can create gaps that allow oil to escape.
- Replace Damaged Seals: If you find damaged seals or gaskets, replace them with new ones. Use seals that are compatible with the operating conditions and lubricant.
- Check Breather Vent: A clogged or malfunctioning breather vent can cause pressure buildup inside the gearbox, leading to leakage. Clean or replace the breather vent if necessary.
- Examine Shaft Seals: Check the shaft seals for wear or damage. If they’re worn out, replace them with seals of the appropriate size and material.
- Use Proper Lubricant: Ensure that you’re using the correct lubricant recommended for the gearbox. Using the wrong type of lubricant can cause leaks.
- Apply Sealants: In some cases, applying a suitable sealant to the joints and connections can help prevent leaks. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper application.
- Monitor Leakage: After addressing the issues, monitor the gearbox for any signs of continued leakage. If leakage persists, further investigation may be required.
- Regular Maintenance: Implement a regular maintenance schedule that includes checking seals, gaskets, and other potential leakage points. Timely maintenance can prevent future leakage issues.
If you’re unsure about diagnosing or fixing oil leakage in a worm gearbox, consider consulting with a professional or gearbox manufacturer to ensure proper resolution.
How Does a Worm Gearbox Compare to Other Types of Gearboxes?
Worm gearboxes offer unique advantages and characteristics that set them apart from other types of gearboxes. Here’s a comparison between worm gearboxes and some other common types:
- Helical Gearbox: Worm gearboxes have higher torque multiplication, making them suitable for heavy-load applications, while helical gearboxes are more efficient and offer smoother operation.
- Bevel Gearbox: Worm gearboxes are compact and can transmit motion at right angles, similar to bevel gearboxes, but worm gearboxes have self-locking capabilities.
- Planetary Gearbox: Worm gearboxes provide high torque output and are cost-effective for applications with high reduction ratios, whereas planetary gearboxes offer higher efficiency and can handle higher input speeds.
- Spur Gearbox: Worm gearboxes have better shock load resistance due to their sliding motion, while spur gearboxes are more efficient and suitable for lower torque applications.
- Cycloidal Gearbox: Cycloidal gearboxes have high shock load capacity and compact design, but worm gearboxes are more cost-effective and can handle higher reduction ratios.
While worm gearboxes have advantages such as high torque output, compact design, and self-locking capability, the choice between gearbox types depends on the specific requirements of the application, including torque, efficiency, speed, and space limitations.
editor by CX 2023-09-22