New design Helical-hypoid gear units KM series gearbox Speed Reducer Motor Reducer
China Top brand HRB,LYC,ZWZ or other brands requested, NSK…..
Km Series Aluminium Alloy 7.5~300 Ratio 90 Degree Hypoid Gear Motor Vertical Hypoid Reduction Gearbox with Electric Motor
KM KB Series helical gear units has more than 4 types, power 0.12-4kw, ratio 7.73-302.5, torque max 100-500NM, Modulaw and multistructure can meet the demands of various conditions.
(1) Ground-hardened helical gears.
(2) Modularity, can be combined in many forms
(3) Made of high-quality aluminum alloy, light in weight and nonrusting
(4)Large in output torque, high efficiencym energy saving and environmental protection
(5) The mounting dimension of SKM series are compatible with SMRV series worm gear unit
(A part of SMRV050 dimensions are different from SKM28)
(6) The mounting dimension of SKB series are compatible with W series worm gear unit.
KM28B~KM58B:2-Stage hypoid helical gear units. Speed ratio range 7.48~60.5
KM28C~KM58C:3-Stage hypoid helical gear units. Speed ratio range:4918~302.5
One of the features of the hypoid gear speed reducer is that the shafts intersect at 2 mutually parallel
planes,providing greater torque in the same construction space than an ordinary helical gear reducer. And its strength is much higher than that of worm gear reducer.
2.Housing made of high-quality aluminum alloydie-casting,light weight good rust resistance
3.Low back clearance
4.Smooth transmission and low noise
5.Customized products available
Garment Shops, Manufacturing Plant, Machinery Repair Shops, Food & Beverage Factory
Place of Origin
Hypoid gear reducer
ISO9001 CCC CE
Packaging & Shipping
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car, Transmission Parts
|Distribution Power, Clutch, Change Drive Torque, Change Drive Direction, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction, Speed Increase
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Torque Arm Type
Can a Worm Gearbox Be Used in Heavy-Duty Machinery?
Yes, a worm gearbox can be used in heavy-duty machinery and is often chosen for such applications due to its inherent characteristics and advantages:
- High Torque Transmission: Worm gearboxes are known for their ability to transmit high torque loads, making them suitable for heavy-duty machinery that requires significant power transmission.
- Load Distribution: The design of worm gears provides robust load distribution and excellent contact between the worm and worm wheel teeth. This enhances their load-carrying capacity, making them capable of handling heavy loads without premature wear or failure.
- Compact Design: Worm gearboxes are compact and offer high reduction ratios in a single stage. This allows for the reduction of high input speeds to lower output speeds, often required in heavy-duty machinery.
- Overload Protection: Worm gears have a natural self-locking feature, which means the gear cannot be easily back-driven by external forces. This feature provides inherent overload protection, preventing damage to the gearbox and machinery in cases of sudden load spikes.
- Smooth Operation: Worm gearboxes offer smooth and steady operation, which is crucial for heavy-duty machinery where precision and controlled movement are essential.
However, when considering the use of a worm gearbox in heavy-duty applications, it’s important to ensure proper engineering and sizing. The design should account for factors such as load, speed, duty cycle, lubrication, and temperature to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
Overall, worm gearboxes are well-suited for heavy-duty machinery across various industries, including mining, construction, manufacturing, and more.
How to Calculate the Input and Output Speeds of a Worm Gearbox?
Calculating the input and output speeds of a worm gearbox involves understanding the gear ratio and the principles of gear reduction. Here’s how you can calculate these speeds:
- Input Speed: The input speed (N1) is the speed of the driving gear, which is the worm gear in this case. It is usually provided by the manufacturer or can be measured directly.
- Output Speed: The output speed (N2) is the speed of the driven gear, which is the worm wheel. To calculate the output speed, use the formula:
N2 = N1 / (Z1 * i)
N2 = Output speed (rpm)
N1 = Input speed (rpm)
Z1 = Number of teeth on the worm gear
i = Gear ratio (ratio of the number of teeth on the worm gear to the number of threads on the worm)
It’s important to note that worm gearboxes are designed for gear reduction, which means that the output speed is lower than the input speed. Additionally, the efficiency of the gearbox, friction, and other factors can affect the actual output speed. Calculating the input and output speeds is crucial for understanding the performance and capabilities of the worm gearbox in a specific application.
Advantages of Using a Worm Reducer in Mechanical Systems
Worm reducers offer several advantages that make them suitable for various mechanical systems:
- High Gear Reduction Ratio: Worm gearboxes provide significant speed reduction, making them ideal for applications that require a high gear reduction ratio without the need for multiple gears.
- Compact Design: Worm reducers have a compact and space-saving design, allowing them to be used in applications with limited space.
- Self-Locking: Worm gearboxes exhibit self-locking properties, which means that the worm screw can prevent the worm wheel from reversing its motion. This is beneficial for applications where the gearbox needs to hold a load in place without external braking mechanisms.
- Smooth and Quiet Operation: Worm gearboxes operate with a sliding motion between the teeth, resulting in smoother and quieter operation compared to some other types of gearboxes.
- High Torque Transmission: Worm gearboxes can transmit high torque levels, making them suitable for applications that require powerful torque output.
- Heat Dissipation: The sliding action between the worm screw and the worm wheel contributes to heat dissipation, which can be advantageous in applications that generate heat during operation.
- Stable Performance: Worm reducers offer stable and reliable performance, making them suitable for continuous operation in various industrial and mechanical systems.
Despite these advantages, it’s important to note that worm gearboxes also have limitations, such as lower efficiency compared to other gear types due to the sliding motion and potential for higher heat generation. Therefore, selecting the appropriate type of gearbox depends on the specific requirements and constraints of the application.
editor by CX 2023-10-21